[Vision2020] vcr repair

Robert Dickow dickow at uidaho.edu
Wed Oct 20 15:56:48 PDT 2004

I discovered that it is often not practical to take these devices to a
repair shop. The minimum bench charge is about $47.00, and then hourly labor
goes on top of whatever parts you might need. Figuring in the wear and tear
your device has already suffered, it is not worth it, especially since you
can get pretty darn good units brand new for as little as $49.00, and deluxe
ones for just a little more.

It seems that much of the electronics industry is geared to a throw-away
market. Sad, but true.

Bob Dickow, troublemaker (in helpful mode)