[Vision2020] Clearing the Air About George Bush's Military Record

Joan Opyr auntiestablishment at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 20 12:33:54 PDT 2004

You don't care about it, Pat, but others do, many of us on this very forum.  I suggest that if you're disinterested, you hit the delete key.  But first, why not ask yourself -- if, as Bush has repeatedly claimed, this election is about character, what does the information Tom forwarded suggest about our commander-in-chief?  True, people can change, and a man who was deemed too worthless for the Air Force thirty-odd years ago may be the great and steady military leader he claims to be today, but the filthy attacks by Bush acolytes on McCain and Kerry and Max Cleland and other Vietnam vets who actually went overseas and fought in that brutal war suggest to me that the man at the top feels vulnerable on this particular character issue, perhaps with good reason.

In a week or so's time, the Sinclair Broadcasting Group will be forcing its 62 national stations to air an anti-Kerry, Swift Boat Veterans for Truth-style broadside against Mr. Kerry's record in Vietnam and his anti-war stance when he came home and led Veterans Against the War.  Other stations, in response, will not be airing Fahrenheit 911 or the pro-Kerry film, Going Upriver: The Long War of John F. Kerry.

Vietnam doesn't matter to you, Pat, but it sure as shooting matters a lot to some very prominent Bush supporters.  And that's why it matters to this election and this list.

Joan Opyr/Auntie Establishment