[Vision2020] Polls Show U.S. Image is Slipping

Art Deco aka W. Fox deco at moscow.com
Sun Oct 17 08:22:24 PDT 2004

Pat,

You say:

"I don't care who their leader is and I would accept him because it was
their choice even if I disapproved."

Does that mean you'd accept Hitler, Idi Amin, etc.?

And why "him" instead of "him/her" or "her/him"?

John Donne wrote a long time ago:  "No man is an island."  The more humankind
researches, the more humankind discovers the non-severable connections between
people [and people and all living things and the physical world].

No country is an island either.  There are lots of worldwide, horrendous
problems [e.g.: terrorism, toxic contamination, genocide, etc.] for which an
amicable international solution is now mandatory.  Without international
goodwill toward and trust in our country, acceptable international solutions of
these problems are improbable.

That's why international goodwill toward and trust in American leaders is
important.

Wayne

Art Deco  (Wayne Fox)
deco at moscow.com