[Vision2020] Gas UP .08 A Gallon

Robert Dickow dickow at uidaho.edu
Mon Oct 11 21:13:27 PDT 2004

By the way...

Does anybody have the current estimates about when the planet is due to run
out of fossil fuels, especially petroleum? When I was in high school they
said it would be around the year 2050, but I figure we've found a few more
pockets of reserves since those days and maybe they've pushed the date up a
bit. That fateful day may still be within the lifetime of our children.

My prediction is that things will get nastier and nastier in the world
generally as this date approaches. Easy call.

The plan should be to stop general oil consumption at some point and save a
reserve of petrochemicals for production of rare solvents and other
chemicals necessary for important industrial and other needs (medical,
research, etc.)

...And let me be the sole shareholder.

Bob Dickow, troublemaker