[Vision2020] how can we participate in our own city government?

bill london london at moscow.com
Fri Oct 1 10:58:11 PDT 2004

Moscow Civic Association Meeting Focuses on Public Input

The Moscow Civic Association (MCA) will sponsor an open public forum
with the mayor and council members, as well as local attorneys and
faculty experts, about citizen access to Moscow's city government on
Monday, October 11, at 7:30pm at the 1912 Center in Moscow.

The goal of this free public meeting is to increase democratic
participation in the decisions made by the Moscow city government, and
to identify roadblocks to citizen input.  The meeting will include both
a facilitated group discussion and small group interaction, focusing on
building a functioning democratic city government.

The purpose of the meeting is to answer the question: How Can We
Participate in Our Own City Government?

The October meeting continues the discussion held at the September MCA
forum about how the city makes decisions - and who makes those
decisions. In the September meeting, City Supervisor Gary Riedner led a
panel of city administrators discussing the management of the city and
oversight of development.

The Moscow Civic Association is a non-profit citizen's organization that
strives to improve the quality of life for Moscow residents.  More
information is available on the MCA website, www.moscowcivic.org
<http://www.moscowcivic.org/>