[Vision2020] Last NIght's Debate

Tbertruss at aol.com Tbertruss at aol.com
Fri Oct 1 12:12:40 PDT 2004

Ron wrote:

"According to the transcript, the phrase "stay the course" was never
uttered."

I noticed this also.  But this phrase was uttered by Kerry:

"More of the same."

And before the debate that day I posted to V2020, including in my description
of what the debates might bring this very phrase Kerry used which is in caps
below:

"I would also choose this divine meditation on greenery over the Bush V.
Kerry question and answer session (it is a mockery of meaning in language to call
this media scripted event a "debate"), but I am hoping to witness live a major
blunder or two that can really change things.   Otherwise, we will just get
MORE OF THE SAME sound bite attacks and sloganeering we have been hearing.   Or
will either candidate go off script?   Not likely."

Ted Moffett