[Vision2020] 17,000 average!

Donovan Arnold donovanarnold at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 11 17:50:22 PST 2004

Debbie,

Like I say. All of you that think that going AI will be such a bang for the
buck, ought to invest in it yourself if you are so confident that 17,000
paying fans will drive to every game. I for one don't think it will happen
and don't think it is evidence that it will be successful because you know a
family or two that comes up from Boise, or flies over from Honolulu. This
sounds like someone saying, I asked ten people I know which candidate they
liked best and 7 said candidate B so I extrapolated from this data that
candidate B will win with 70% of the vote.

There is a big difference between a bus full of people and 17,000. I also
know dozens of Alumni that don't go to UI games, including some that even
played football. Gambling a huge amount of resources into football when we
don't have enough money for classrooms and teachers seems like an awfully
bad idea and smells more like a Hoover program than one of future
prosperity.

Take Care,

Donovan J Arnold