[Vision2020] "God, Guns and Gays"

Donovan Arnold donovanarnold at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 11 17:35:16 PST 2004

Ted,

You write,"(PBS said) 'God, Guns and Gays' decided the presidential contest
between Kerry and Bush." You also asked, ". . . who else thinks that
democracy in the USA is failing if the voters voted
based on this kind of thinking?"

I say, "Bring it on!". I say let us the turn the tables on them. Democrats
need to act the same way as the Republicans do to balance out the absurdity.
For example, Republicans like to bring up "Gay Marriage". This is because it
divides Democrats and makes it hard for Democrats to take a position and
still get 50% of the vote. Democrats need to do the same thing.

If I was in charge of the Democratic Party, I would have secure members of
congress write three forms of legislation.

The first would be to replace the word "God" in the pledge of allegiance
with the word "Jesus".

Next, legislation would be written to require marriage between a man and a
women that were only Christian, never married before, and the man must be
older than the women, and the women must not be barren, and must sign a
statement of submission to her husband. We can call it "The Defense of
Christian Marriage Bill."

Third, I would replace the words and image on our money. The tails would
have the picture of a bible, or a church. The heads would be an engraving of
Jesus. The statement "In God We Trust" would be replaced with the worlds
"The God We Trust". This would allow for Christians to pray to their true
God where ever they are and incorporate Jesus into their daily living.

Then I would write legislation to set up counseling centers of Gays and
Lesbians at the expense of the taxpayer. Gays and Lesbians would get to sign
up and spend months with hundreds of other Gays or Lesbians at clinics set
up all over the United States, some centers will be Christian of course, and
they can get treatment to be converted to heterosexuals either through
finding Christ or the use of modern science to treat homosexuality as they
bunk with other members of the same gender.

Fifth, I would have someone whip up legislation that tapped funding from
disability support services and poor children's school meal programs to fund
voucher programs for parents (making over $75,000 a year only of course, we
will call it experimental to see if it works) that want to send their
children to private Christian schools.

Finally, I would propose legislation that would ban all internet porn.
After all, this isn't Christian.

This legislation would make Republican members of Congress have to choose
between their base supporters and the majority of the voters. This is what
Republicans have been doing with Democrats and Gay Marriage. I would just do
it back otherwise we can look forward to 8 years of Jeb Bush.

Take Care,

Donovan J Arnold