[Vision2020] Lurking and blogging

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Thu Nov 4 14:26:49 PST 2004

I agree, Joan.

Some of us were born with backbones and are not afraid to use them.  Others
use weblogs.

Some of us have developed a strong sense of maturity, responsibility, and
conviction.  Others use weblogs.

Some of us are not afraid to confront adversity face to face.  Others use
weblogs.

Some of us strongly believe in a free and open dialogue to discuss our
differences.  Others use weblogs.

I don't believe in weblogs to air my grievances any more than I believed in
playing "Ding-Dong Ditch It" when I was.  Perhaps it is because I have
matured beyond the days of Hide-and-Seek.  When people want to contact me,
they know where I can be found.

Airing your "opinions" behind the door of a weblog does not reflect maturity
any more than does filing a complaint anonymously.

Take care and keep your powder dry,

Tom "I am" Hansen

We could learn a lot from crayons: some are sharp, some are pretty, some are
dull, some have weird names, and all are different colors....but they all
exist very nicely in the same box.

  _____