[Vision2020] New and improved headlines

Tbertruss at aol.com Tbertruss at aol.com
Wed Nov 3 22:58:19 PST 2004

All:

Why did Bush win?

I suggested fear of wolves and what this symbolism implies, based on an
expensive and no doubt very well thought out political ad from the Bush team, in
terms of it's deep unconscious impact on the minds of Americans, but no one bit.
 OK.  But to hell with Karl Rove, Gay bashing, and 9/11.  All too easy an
explanation.  Now for a real far out and esoteric idea.  How about:

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Naw, couldn't be!  I'm just a liberal complaining about the rich jealous I
don't have the money to use those huge tax breaks to buy a new Caribbean condo.

Joan tried her best to be a cynic comedian, but she couldn't break free of
her strong moral feelings to totally throw all decency out the window.

In the final analysis, Bush is about money, resources, and who gets both!
And without Bush's huge campaign coffers, no victory.

The American people are too busy chasing their own little piece of the
material world to notice that if Bush was stripped of his money and family name and
left to fend for himself he'd be stocking shelves at Walmart to get by.
People have had their brains scrambled with talk of moral certitude, faith, God
(can you imagine Christ killing 100,000 Iraqis in the name of Democracy, or the
Lord?), terrorism and the axis of evil, and the ruination of the family due to
gay marriage.  All a bunch of propaganda to allow the big money players to run
the show with their puppet in the White House.

So what is the most powerful act possible to oppose those who dominate a
political system with their financial power, that a person can consider in a
system that is based on money, worships money, defines human worth in terms of
money, and informs us that if we don't have money we will die in poverty with
crappy health care?

Be rich and fight money with money!

Do I have it wrong?  Please tell me I do!

Ted Moffett