[Vision2020] New and improved headlines

Dan Carscallen predator75 at moscow.com
Thu Nov 4 07:45:27 PST 2004

Ted writes:

". . . without Bush's huge campaign coffers, no victory.

"Do I have it wrong?  Please tell me I do!"

seems the big coffers don't always pull it out, since the Dems put
double the money the Reps did into Ohio.

While I'm not sure we need to do a lot of "healing", per se, I do think
the "left" (for lack of a better term) needs to work on how they get
their message out.  Right now, it seems they are telling people they are
wrong for thinking differently than they do, and the only way the
opposition will be smart is if they vote the way the left says to.
Rather than calling people stupid and being so (seemingly) angry about
everything, sit down and talk to people about the differences and try to
convince them in a friendly way.

In my not-so-political-scientific-type opinion, Kerry lost because he
kept saying how the other guy was bad and what he was doing wrong,
rather than telling what he was going to do ("I have a plan!") and
getting people to believe in him.

But what do I know?  I'm just a regular guy who'd rather be out in the
woods than doing anything political.

DC