[Vision2020] Reasoning and the vote (was Bush and war and Iraq)

Tbertruss at aol.com Tbertruss at aol.com
Mon Nov 1 10:03:16 PST 2004

Donovan et. al.

Some political wonks think the huge Federal deficit run up by the Bush
administration and their cronies in the US Congress is a deliberate attempt to
create a financial disaster that will necessitate radical slashing of Medicare,
Medicaid and Social Security.  It is no secret many ultra conservatives want to
completely dismantle the New Deal.  Once other countries decide that the US
Federal debt is so far out of control they stop propping up our government with
outside investment, which is a major factor allowing the Feds to run up this
debt and get away with it, then we will see the demands for drastic downsizing
of Federal social/medical programs in the climate of a financial emergency.

Maybe, maybe not.

But the professed attitudes of the Bush administration to put America first
and not allow other nations or the United Nations to dictate our policies or
actions appears to be contradicted by policies which are in effect selling our
nation to other countries who are financing our Federal debt.  Another issue of
critical importance that gets scant attention, it seems.

Ted Moffett