[Vision2020] Football - and its Corrupting Influence

DonaldH675@aol.com DonaldH675@aol.com
Fri, 28 May 2004 12:18:47 EDT

-------------------------------1085761127

Visionaries:
Could anyone one knowledgeable about athletics and their management please
comment on the probable reasons that Gary Barnett kept his job?
"University of Colorado President Betsy Hoffman has decided to reinstate
suspended football coach Gary Barnett, the Rocky Mountain News has learned. "
Imagine for a moment college dean turning a blind eye to the recruiting
behavior Barnett condoned  in order to snag a brilliant English student, a gifted
trombone player, or an engineering whiz.  Have any of the sports commentators
remarked on this, or is it just college athletics as usual?  And by the way,
Betsy Hoffman, in my opinion, isn't fit to manage a local dog pound if this is
an example of her leadership.  YIKES!!!
Rose Huskey
Once you lose integrity everything else is easy.

-------------------------------1085761127

<HTML><HEAD>
rset=3DUS-ASCII">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2737.800" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
f">
<DIV>
<P><SPAN class=3Dbodytext>Visionaries:</SPAN></P>
<P><SPAN class=3Dbodytext></SPAN><SPAN class=3Dbodytext>Could anyone one kno=
wledgeable about athletics and their management please comment on the&nbsp;p=
robable reasons that&nbsp;Gary Barnett kept his job?</SPAN></P>
<P><SPAN class=3Dbodytext>"University of Colorado President Betsy Hoffman ha=
s decided to reinstate suspended football coach Gary Barnett, the <I>Rocky M=
ountain News</I> has learned. "</SPAN></P>
<P><SPAN class=3Dbodytext>Imagine for a moment&nbsp;college dean turning a b=
lind eye to the recruiting&nbsp;behavior&nbsp;Barnett condoned&nbsp; in orde=
r to snag a brilliant English student, a gifted trombone player, or an engin=
eering whiz.&nbsp; Have any of the sports commentators remarked on this, or=20=
is it just college athletics as usual?&nbsp; And by the way, Betsy Hoffman,=20=
in my opinion, isn't fit to manage a local dog pound if this is an example o=
f her leadership.&nbsp; YIKES!!!</SPAN></P>
<P><SPAN class=3Dbodytext>Rose Huskey<BR></SPAN><FONT lang=3D0 face=3D"Times=
 New Roman" size=3D3 PTSIZE=3D"12" FAMILY=3D"SERIF">Once you lose integrity=20=
everything else is easy.</FONT></P></DIV></BODY></HTML>