[Vision2020] It is a matter of trust?

Pat Kraut pkraut@moscow.com
Wed, 19 May 2004 14:20:19 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_003C_01C43DAC.6A0813C0

So, once again Kerry waffles.
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Joan Opyr=20
  To: Vision2020 Moscow=20
  Sent: Wednesday, May 19, 2004 10:05 AM
  Subject: Re: [Vision2020] It is a matter of trust?

  Pat writes:

  >I have also heard that Catholics all have sex with the priest in the =
confessional...but I have no evidence of it myself. It >curious to me =
that every email that responded to this completely ignored the part =
about Kerry and the other politicians >and their voting records that are =
opposite of the tenets of the church. Thats what my email was really =
about.

  Consider this -- Kerry's pro-choice stance on abortion conflicts with =
Catholic doctrine, but his opposition to the death penalty is in perfect =
harmony with the Church's teaching.  So, if Kerry is not obedient to the =
Church on all points of doctrine, is it necessarily the case that he is =
in utter conflict?  Or, as you seem to suggest, a hypocrite?  Could it =
be that Kerry, like the rest of us, makes difficult and nuanced =
decisions according to his conscience?  And here's another point to =
consider: is opposition to abortion more important to the Catholic =
Church than opposition to the death penalty?  I have read nothing to =
indicate that Catholic bishops are considering withholding the sacrament =
of communion from pro-death penalty politicians and parishioners. =20

  George Bush is anti-choice, pro-death penalty, and Methodist.  Where =
does the Methodist Church come down on these issues?  Is Mr. Bush in any =
way in conflict with his church's teachings?

  Joan Opyr/Auntie Establishment

  PS: The Catholic Church strongly opposed the war in Iraq.  How many =
Catholic politicians -- or, for that matter, Catholics generally -- =
followed the Pope's lead on that issue?=20

-----
  Get more from the Web. FREE MSN Explorer download : =
http://explorer.msn.com

------=_NextPart_000_003C_01C43DAC.6A0813C0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY=20
style=3D"BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; BORDER-TOP: medium none; FONT: 10pt =
verdana; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none; =
BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff"=20
bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>So, once again Kerry waffles.</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
  <DIV=20
black"><B>From:</B>=20
  <A title=3Dauntiestablishment@hotmail.com=20
  href=3D"mailto:auntiestablishment@hotmail.com">Joan Opyr</A> </DIV>
title=3Dvision2020@moscow.com=20
  href=3D"mailto:vision2020@moscow.com">Vision2020 Moscow</A> </DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Wednesday, May 19, 2004 =
10:05=20
  AM</DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> Re: [Vision2020] It is =
a matter=20
  of trust?</DIV>
  <DIV><BR></DIV>
  <DIV>Pat writes:</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial>&gt;I have also heard that Catholics all have =
sex with=20
  the priest in the confessional...but I have no evidence of it myself. =
It=20
  &gt;curious to me that every email that responded to this completely =
ignored=20
  the part about Kerry and the other politicians &gt;and their voting =
records=20
  that are opposite of the tenets of the church. Thats what my email was =
really=20
  about.</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial>Consider this -- Kerry's pro-choice stance on =
abortion=20
  conflicts with Catholic doctrine, but his opposition to the death =
penalty is=20
  in perfect harmony with the Church's teaching.&nbsp; So, if Kerry is =
not=20
  obedient to the Church on all points of doctrine, is it necessarily =
the case=20
  that he is in utter conflict?&nbsp; Or, as you seem to suggest, a=20
  hypocrite?&nbsp; Could it be that Kerry,&nbsp;like the rest of =
us,&nbsp;makes=20
  difficult and nuanced decisions according =
to&nbsp;his&nbsp;conscience?&nbsp;=20
  And here's another point to consider: is opposition to abortion more =
important=20
  to the Catholic Church than opposition to the death =
penalty?&nbsp;&nbsp;I have=20
  read nothing to indicate that Catholic bishops are considering =
withholding the=20
  sacrament of communion from pro-death penalty&nbsp;politicians and=20
  parishioners.&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial>George Bush is anti-choice, pro-death penalty, =

  and&nbsp;Methodist.&nbsp; Where&nbsp;does the Methodist Church come =
down on=20
  these issues?&nbsp; Is&nbsp;Mr. Bush in any way in conflict with his =
church's=20
  teachings?</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial>Joan Opyr/Auntie Establishment</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial>PS: The Catholic Church strongly&nbsp;opposed =
the war in=20
  Iraq.&nbsp;&nbsp;How many Catholic politicians -- or, for that=20
  matter,&nbsp;Catholics generally -- followed the Pope's lead on that=20
  issue?</FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><BR clear=3Dall>
  <HR>
  Get more from the Web. FREE MSN Explorer download : <A=20
  href=3D"http://explorer.msn.com">http://explorer.msn.com</A><BR>
  <P></P></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_003C_01C43DAC.6A0813C0--