[Vision2020] The New Zealand Herald

Pat Kraut pkraut@moscow.com
Tue, 18 May 2004 08:58:30 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_002C_01C43CB6.4A9F8820

Maybe if I had said IF any lives had been saved you would have liked it =
better. I want you to know that as a mind reader you have failed the =
course. You think the Catholic remark was bigoted...but I have heard =
that said about Catholics all my life. I have experienced it in the =
business world. It is more of a life experience...as exampled by Kerry =
and other politicians who say they are catholic but vote for abortions =
and other things that the church tenets are against. Your other remarks =
toward me are only so far off the mark that I just won't respond to them =
but keep reading and maybe you can learn something because I 'wonder =
what in the world is wrong with you'!
PK
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Melynda Huskey=20
  To: Vision 2020=20
  Sent: Monday, May 17, 2004 11:26 PM
  Subject: Re: [Vision2020] The New Zealand Herald

  There are times when I think, "What the hell?" and I go back to =
re-read, carefully, what you've written, Pat, sure that my eyes have =
deceived me, or that some cruel person has stolen your email and is =
making sport of you by writing some mind-numbingly stupid thing over =
your signature.  But I'm always wrong.

  Recently, for example, I was absolutely stunned by the casual bigotry =
of your remark that Catholics can "go to confession on Sunday and do =
whatever they want on Monday."  I just couldn't believe that anyone =
would either be so ignorant of Catholic beliefs or so repulsively =
self-satisfied as to insult the many devout, faithful, and decent =
Catholic people in this community--friends and neighbors of everyone on =
this list.

  Now you ask us to contemplate the possibility that American lives =
might be best protected by the unjust arrest, unlawful detention, =
humiliation, torture, and murder of innocent people in the nations we =
have invaded--and imply, at least, that sodomizing Iraqis with chemical =
lights helps you feel safe.

  What in the world is wrong with you?

  Melynda Huskey

-----
  Get more from the Web. FREE MSN Explorer download : =
http://explorer.msn.com

------=_NextPart_000_002C_01C43CB6.4A9F8820

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY=20
style=3D"BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; BORDER-TOP: medium none; FONT: 10pt =
verdana; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none; =
BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff"=20
bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>Maybe if I had said IF any lives had been saved =
you would=20
have liked it better. I want you to know that as a mind reader you have =
failed=20
the course. You think the Catholic remark was bigoted...but I have heard =
that=20
said about Catholics all my life. I have experienced it in the business =
world.=20
It is more of a life experience...as exampled by Kerry and other =
politicians who=20
say they are catholic but vote for abortions and other things that the =
church=20
tenets are against. Your other remarks toward me are only so far off the =
mark=20
that I just won't respond to them but keep reading and maybe you can =
learn=20
something because I 'wonder what in the world is wrong with =
you'!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>PK</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
  <DIV=20
black"><B>From:</B>=20
  <A title=3Dmghuskey@msn.com href=3D"mailto:mghuskey@msn.com">Melynda =
Huskey</A>=20
  </DIV>
title=3Dvision2020@moscow.com=20
  href=3D"mailto:vision2020@moscow.com">Vision 2020</A> </DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Monday, May 17, 2004 =
11:26 PM</DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> Re: [Vision2020] The =
New Zealand=20
  Herald</DIV>
  <DIV><BR></DIV>
  <DIV>There are times when I&nbsp;think, "What the hell?"&nbsp;and I go =
back to=20
  re-read, carefully, what you've written, Pat, sure that my eyes have =
deceived=20
  me, or that some cruel person has stolen your email and is making =
sport of you=20
  by writing some mind-numbingly stupid thing&nbsp;over your =
signature.&nbsp;=20
  But I'm always wrong.</DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>Recently, for example, I was absolutely stunned by the casual =
bigotry of=20
  your remark that Catholics can "go to confession on Sunday and do =
whatever=20
  they want on Monday."&nbsp; I just couldn't believe that anyone would =
either=20
  be so ignorant of Catholic beliefs or so repulsively self-satisfied as =
to=20
  insult the many devout, faithful, and decent Catholic people in this=20
  community--friends and neighbors of everyone on this list.</DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>Now you ask us to contemplate the possibility that American lives =
might=20
  be best protected by the unjust arrest, unlawful detention, =
humiliation,=20
  torture, and murder&nbsp;of innocent people in the nations we have=20
  invaded--and imply, at least, that&nbsp;sodomizing Iraqis with =
chemical lights=20
  helps you feel safe.</DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>What in the world is wrong with you?</DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>Melynda Huskey</DIV><BR clear=3Dall>
  <HR>
  Get more from the Web. FREE MSN Explorer download : <A=20
  href=3D"http://explorer.msn.com">http://explorer.msn.com</A><BR>
  <P></P></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_002C_01C43CB6.4A9F8820--