[Vision2020] The New Zealand Herald

Art Deco aka W. Fox deco@moscow.com
Tue, 18 May 2004 09:18:50 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_0C41_01C43CB9.219D74C0

Pat,

Do you believe that the bible is the inerrant word of some alleged god?

If so, given the following passage, do you believe it is OK to beat a slave to
death, provided that the death occurs more than 24 hours after the beating?

"When a slaveowner strikes a male or female slave with a rod and the slave dies
immediately, the owner shall be punished. But if the slave survives a day or
two, there is no punishment; for the slave is the owner's property" (Exodus
21:20-21 NRSV).  [Thanks to Ralph Nielson.]

If a Christian does not believe the above passage, then are they being a
scurrilous hypocrite, i.e. a "Sunday only, 11 - 12 Believer"?  Are they thus
doomed to some alleged hell?

Do you see any relation to the questions above and your remarks about Catholics,
Kerry, et al?

I look forward to your responses to all the questions above.

Wayne

Art Deco  (Wayne Fox)
deco@moscow.com