[Vision2020] shock and awe: Draft?

Pat Kraut pkraut@moscow.com
Sat, 15 May 2004 15:58:24 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_0016_01C43A95.741221E0

I find it very interesting that you would now complain that your taxes =
are being used for things you don't like. When conservative Christians =
complained that they didn't want to pay for abortions you turned a deaf =
year. Ya, I know...separation of church and state. Its all taxes folks. =
We all work hard for the money and we all have our standards. I feel as =
though all the years that Clinton was in office my taxes went to waste =
because of the military tear down and now we have to pay twice as much =
building it back up again. Not just with equipment but with morale also. =

Its a two sided coin.
PK
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Tbertruss@aol.com=20
  To: rhayes@turbonet.com ; vision2020@moscow.com=20
  Sent: Saturday, May 15, 2004 3:25 PM
  Subject: Re: [Vision2020] shock and awe: Draft?

  Roger:

  Everyone who pays taxes to the feds and/or votes is connected in =
however small or large a way with the activities of our military all =
over the world.  We buy the bombs and bullets, pay the salaries of the =
interrogators, and chose the representatives in government who authorize =
the war, etc.  These events are therefore local/national/international =
at once, and all share some responsibility, however much I'd rather not =
face what this really means! =20

  The insistence on keeping a sharp delineation between local and =
non-local issues is only valid with some concerns, and is becoming =
increasingly more irrelevant as our world heads more and more towards an =
interconnected global reality.

  Consider that it is possible a draft may be reinstated to cope with =
the demands of the US war effort.  Young men and women from the Palouse =
could be chosen by force of law to die on foreign soil in the war =
effort.  If the possible death of local residents is not a local =
concern, I don't know what would be.

  Ted Moffett
------=_NextPart_000_0016_01C43A95.741221E0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I find it very interesting that you =
would now=20
complain that your taxes are being used for things you don't like. When=20
conservative Christians complained that they didn't want to pay for =
abortions=20
you turned a deaf year. Ya, I know...separation of church and state. Its =
all=20
taxes folks. We all work hard for the money and we all have our =
standards. I=20
feel as though all the years that Clinton was in office my taxes went to =
waste=20
because of the military tear down and now we have to pay twice as much =
building=20
it back up again. Not just with equipment but with morale also. =
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Its a two sided coin.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>PK</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV=20
black"><B>From:</B>=20
  <A title=3DTbertruss@aol.com=20
  href=3D"mailto:Tbertruss@aol.com">Tbertruss@aol.com</A> </DIV>
title=3Drhayes@turbonet.com=20
  href=3D"mailto:rhayes@turbonet.com">rhayes@turbonet.com</A> ; <A=20
  title=3Dvision2020@moscow.com=20
  href=3D"mailto:vision2020@moscow.com">vision2020@moscow.com</A> </DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Saturday, May 15, 2004 =
3:25=20
PM</DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> Re: [Vision2020] shock =
and awe:=20
  Draft?</DIV>
  <DIV><BR></DIV><FONT face=3Darial,helvetica><FONT lang=3D0 =
face=3DArial size=3D2=20
  FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" PTSIZE=3D"10"><BR>Roger:<BR><BR>Everyone who pays =
taxes to=20
  the feds and/or votes is connected in however small or large a way =
with the=20
  activities of our military all over the world.&nbsp; We buy the bombs =
and=20
  bullets, pay the salaries of the interrogators, and chose the =
representatives=20
  in government who authorize the war, etc.&nbsp; These events are =
therefore=20
  local/national/international at once, and all share some =
responsibility,=20
  however much I'd rather not face what this really means!&nbsp; =
<BR><BR>The=20
  insistence on keeping a sharp delineation between local and non-local =
issues=20
  is only valid with some concerns, and is becoming increasingly more =
irrelevant=20
  as our world heads more and more towards an interconnected global=20
  reality.<BR><BR>Consider that it is possible a draft may be reinstated =
to cope=20
  with the demands of the US war effort.&nbsp; Young men and women from =
the=20
  Palouse could be chosen by force of law to die on foreign soil in the =
war=20
  effort.&nbsp; If the possible death of local residents is not a local =
concern,=20
  I don't know what would be.<BR><BR>Ted Moffett</FONT>=20
</FONT></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0016_01C43A95.741221E0--