[Vision2020] Dogs playing poker: I may not know Art, but I know what I like.

Joan Opyr auntiestablishment@hotmail.com
Thu, 25 Mar 2004 09:21:29 -0800

------=_NextPart_001_0004_01C4124A.8E284460

Yes, thanks indeed to Saundra for her research on UI salaries.  Now we ca=
n all play administrative poker.  =20

Let's see: we have six assistant football coaches for a total of $304,386=
, and, to be honest, not much to show for it.  So, I'll bid three of thos=
e, which seems more than ample, and raise you one award-winning ceramicis=
t and an art historian.  In my hand, I have the continued health, reputat=
ion, and academic integrity of the University of Idaho.  In yours, you ha=
ve a full (nut) house of hangovers from the Hoover administration: one ex=
ecutive director of planning and budget at $121,118, one golf pro at $60,=
008, and three mid-level hatchet folk at $84,864 each.  =20

How long, if you're the administration, do you think you can bluff?  Unti=
l Timothy White-Hat gets here and cleans up Dodge?  Too bad -- he told th=
e Daily News this week that he doesn't believe in "looking back" and that=
, despite the fact that he's not yet on campus and actually figuring out =
what this place needs, he won't be revisiting any of the whack-job decisi=
ons made by the outgoing interim administration.  If that's the case, my =
question is why, then, is White coming here?  The game is rigged.  Gary M=
ichaels has cards up his sleeve, and Wayland Winstead has taken his boot =
off so he can pass an Ace under the table to Ikon.

Instead of diplomas, I suggest the UI start passing out prints of "Dogs P=
laying Poker."  They can buy them for five bucks, framed, from the "Art" =
bin at Tidyman's; right there, sandwiched between the Walter Keenes and t=
he Thomas Kinkeades (TM).  Without the opportunity to take art history, g=
raduates won't know the difference, and we'll have preserved in amber Gol=
f Management for the Ages.

"It's a Cinderella story.  From out of nowhere, a former greenskeeper, ab=
out to become the Masters champion.  He's got about an 8 iron.  It's in t=
he hole!  It's in the hole!"

Joan Opyr/Auntie EstablishmentGet more from the Web.  FREE MSN Explorer d=
ownload : http://explorer.msn.com

------=_NextPart_001_0004_01C4124A.8E284460

<HTML><BODY BGCOLOR=3D"#ffffff" STYLE=3D"font:10pt verdana; border:none;b=
ackground-color:#ffffff; "><DIV>Yes, thanks indeed to Saundra for her res=
earch on UI salaries.&nbsp; Now we can&nbsp;all play&nbsp;administrative =
poker.&nbsp; </DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>Let's see: we have six assista=
nt football coaches&nbsp;for a total of $304,386, and, to be honest, not =
much to show for it.&nbsp; So, I'll bid three of those, which seems more =
than ample,&nbsp;and raise you one award-winning ceramicist and&nbsp;an a=
rt historian.&nbsp; In my hand, I have the continued&nbsp;health,&nbsp;re=
putation, and academic integrity of the University of Idaho.&nbsp; In you=
rs, you&nbsp;have&nbsp;a full (nut) house of hangovers from the Hoover ad=
ministration:&nbsp;one executive director of planning and budget&nbsp;at =
$121,118, one golf pro at $60,008, and three mid-level&nbsp;hatchet folk&=
nbsp;at $84,864&nbsp;each.&nbsp; </DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>How long, =
if you're the administration, do you think you can bluff?&nbsp; Until Tim=
othy White-Hat gets here and cleans up Dodge?&nbsp; Too&nbsp;bad -- he to=
ld the Daily News this week that he doesn't believe in "looking back" and=
 that, despite the fact that he's not yet on campus and actually figuring=
 out what this place needs, he won't be revisiting any of the whack-job d=
ecisions made by the outgoing interim administration.&nbsp; If that's the=
 case, my question is why, then, is&nbsp;White coming here?&nbsp; The gam=
e is rigged.&nbsp; Gary Michaels has cards up his sleeve, and&nbsp;Waylan=
d Winstead has taken his boot off so he can pass an Ace under the table t=
o Ikon.</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>Instead of diplomas, I suggest the U=
I start passing out prints of "Dogs Playing Poker."&nbsp;&nbsp;They can b=
uy them for five bucks, framed,&nbsp;from the "Art" bin at Tidyman's; rig=
ht there, sandwiched&nbsp;between the Walter Keenes and the Thomas Kinkea=
des (TM).&nbsp; Without the opportunity to take art history, graduates wo=
n't know the difference, and we'll have preserved in amber Golf Managemen=
t for the Ages.</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>"It's a Cinderella story.&nb=
sp; From out of nowhere, a former greenskeeper, about to become the Maste=
rs champion.&nbsp; He's got about an 8 iron.&nbsp; It's in the hole!&nbsp=
; It's in the hole!"</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>Joan Opyr/Auntie Establ=
ishment</DIV></BODY></HTML><br clear=3Dall><hr>Get more from the Web.  FR=
EE MSN Explorer download : <a href=3D'http://explorer.msn.com'>http://exp=

------=_NextPart_001_0004_01C4124A.8E284460--