[Vision2020] Dogs playing poker: I may not know Art, but I know what I like.

Rob Keenan benjamin_barker@hotmail.com
Thu, 25 Mar 2004 10:13:49 -0800

Joan wrote:
"Instead of diplomas, I suggest the UI start passing out prints of "Dogs
Playing Poker."  They can buy them for five bucks, framed, from the "Art"
bin at Tidyman's; right there, sandwiched between the Walter Keenes and the
Thomas Kinkeades (TM).  Without the opportunity to take art history,
graduates won't know the difference, and we'll have preserved in amber Golf
Management for the Ages."

Just on a side note, the name of the painting to which you refer is "A
Friend in Need," by Cassius Marcellus Coolidge. If you look closely, you'll
see the dog in the left foreground reaching out to accept a card under the
table from the dog on the right foreground ... oh, no! They're cheating!

Does this possibly have other ramifications as well?

ROB