[Vision2020] Re: UI Golfing vs. real educational support

Joan Opyr auntiestablishment@hotmail.com
Wed, 24 Mar 2004 11:24:48 -0800

------=_NextPart_001_0001_01C41192.9DAC51F0

Rose says:

>Ms. Lund certainly put the club to the administrative ball(s) about the =
UI Golf program.  When I told my >brother about the program (and both he =
and my sister-in-law are graduates of UI) he nearly died >laughing, and t=
hen, incredulous was speechless.  Both Kevin and Lilah are committed golf=
ers who plan >European vacations around golf courses.  Nonetheless, the f=
act that UI would even have a golf >program was incredible to him, and it=
 is my hope will negatively impact any alumni $$$ UI hopes to jerk >out o=
f them.  Wonder if Linda Morris plays golf?  I am betting a big fat yes. =
 After all, marketing is her >field and it seems to fold "nicely" into ot=
her marketing decisions she has made.  I wonder how many golf >scholarshi=
ps are awarded annually at UI.  Does anyone know?

I can't answer this question, but let me add my incredulity to Rose and S=
aundra's.

Clearly, the UI is attempting a local monopoly on the Bad Plan curriculum=
  They've got some stiff competition from You-Know-Who, but President Sh=
ifty O'Badplan has appointed Dean Bucko Shortsighted and Vice Provost Glo=
ria S. Incoherency to head a Hatchet Committee, and they're way ahead in =
creating a brand new major, Dismantling Science.

They're not quite there yet.  Outsourcing, my friends, outsourcing.  The =
UI could save a fortune by simply dismissing the faculty, digging a big h=
ole in Boise, and asking students to throw their money on top of the $18 =
million already in it.  Hey, wait . . .
 =20
Quick, someone!  Call Peterson's and Newsweek.  UI has the most successfu=
l marketing department in the Pacific Northwest.

Joan Opyr/Auntie Establishment      Get more from the Web.  FREE MSN Expl=
orer download : http://explorer.msn.com

------=_NextPart_001_0001_01C41192.9DAC51F0

<HTML><BODY BGCOLOR=3D"#ffffff" STYLE=3D"font:10pt verdana; border:none;b=
ackground-color:#ffffff; "><DIV>Rose says:<BR><BR>&gt;Ms. Lund certainly =
put the club to&nbsp;the administrative&nbsp;ball(s) about the UI Golf pr=
ogram.&nbsp; When I told my &gt;brother about the program (and both he an=
d my sister-in-law are graduates of UI) he nearly died &gt;laughing, and =
then, incredulous was speechless.&nbsp;&nbsp;Both Kevin and Lilah are&nbs=
p;committed golfers who plan &gt;European vacations around golf courses.&=
nbsp; Nonetheless, the fact that UI would even have a golf &gt;program wa=
s incredible to him, and it is my hope will negatively impact any alumni =
$$$ UI hopes to jerk &gt;out of them.&nbsp; Wonder if Linda Morris plays =
golf?&nbsp; I am betting a big fat yes.&nbsp; After all, marketing is her=
 &gt;field and it seems to fold "nicely" into other marketing decisions s=
he has made.&nbsp; I wonder how many golf &gt;scholarships are awarded an=
nually at UI.&nbsp; Does anyone know?</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>I can'=
t answer this question, but let me add my incredulity to&nbsp;Rose and Sa=
undra's.</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>Clearly, the UI is attempting a&nbs=
p;local monopoly&nbsp;on the Bad Plan curriculum.&nbsp; They've got some =
stiff competition from You-Know-Who, but&nbsp;President Shifty O'Badplan&=
nbsp;has appointed Dean Bucko Shortsighted&nbsp;and&nbsp;Vice Provost Glo=
ria S. Incoherency to head&nbsp;a Hatchet Committee, and they're way ahea=
d&nbsp;in creating a brand new major,&nbsp;Dismantling Science.</DIV> <DI=
V>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>They're not quite there yet.&nbsp;&nbsp;Outsourcing, =
my friends, outsourcing.&nbsp; The UI could&nbsp;save a fortune by simply=
 dismissing the faculty,&nbsp;digging a big hole in Boise, and asking stu=
dents to throw their money on top of the $18 million already in&nbsp;it.&=
nbsp; Hey, wait . . .</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>Quick, someone!&nbsp; =
Call Peterson's and Newsweek.&nbsp; UI has the most successful marketing =
department in the Pacific Northwest.</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>Joan Op=
yr/Auntie Establishment&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</DIV></BODY><=
/HTML><br clear=3Dall><hr>Get more from the Web.  FREE MSN Explorer downl=

------=_NextPart_001_0001_01C41192.9DAC51F0--