[Vision2020] Re: [Vision2020]Re: Logos Questions,

Saundra Lund sslund@adelphia.net
Fri, 12 Mar 2004 09:10:50 -0800

Pseudonym P. S. Stile (whoever he, she, or it is -- I've never seen the
writer claim a gender or sex) wrote:
"P.S. I also oppose all government funding for private education."

Yes, yes, yes . . . of course you do.

Please tell us in what, if any, substantive ways you disagree with the
following:

"We believe that believing parents have an obligation before God to provide
their children with a godly understanding of the world in which they are
growing up. To this end, Christian education, however administered, is
essential (Dt. 6:1-6).
We deny that the civil authority or the church has the obligation to educate
our children for their vocational callings. That responsibility belongs to
the parents (Eph. 6:4)."
Christ Church Confession of Faith
http://www.christkirk.com/

"As a matter of policy, ACCS requires schools seeking accreditation with
ACCS to refrain from accepting vouchers. . . For purposes of this statement,
vouchers should be defined as a monetary payment made to or on behalf of
parents of school age children by any agency of the civil government in the
United States, whether federal, state or local, with that money to be used
for tuition or tuition assistance in a private Christian academy. . . The
issue for ACCS is one of ultimate religious authority in our schools. . .
Our concern over vouchers is that we do not want our schools funded by those
who have shown themselves to be formally antagonistic to everything we are
trying to do and teach . . .In our view, the acceptance of vouchers would be
a significant first step in bringing our schools under the direct control of
an unbelieving civil magistrate."
Position Paper #1: ACCS Statement on Vouchers
http://www.accsedu.org/pageview.asp?PageID=1627

"And we refuse to participate in government funding and financial aid
programs that would make both our students and the College slaves to the
state. . .The College does not participate, on principle, with any
government-sponsored financial aid programs."
New Saint Andrews College Costs and Financial Aid
http://www.nsa.edu/admissions/costs.html

"E. All things are to be considered and conducted under the Lordship of
Jesus Christ, including education, and especially the education of our
covenant children. God has neither charged nor authorized the state to
educate children within its civil jurisdiction. God has commanded parents to
bring up their children in the education and admonition of the Lord (Eph.
6:4, Deut. 6:7). Given the importance and enormity of the task (Ps. 127:3-5,
Deut. 6:7-9), and the impossibility of neutrality in education (Prov. 1:7,
Matt. 12:30, Luke. 6:40, Col. 2:1-10, 2 Cor. 10:3-5), we do heartily affirm
the necessity of educating our children in a manner that is explicitly
Christian in content and rigor.
Government schools are, by decree and design, explicitly godless, and
therefore cannot be considered a legitimate means of inculcating true faith,
holy living and a decidedly Christian worldview in the children of Christian
parents.
Parents who do not fully understand the indispensability of Christian
education should be warmly received into membership. However, the leaders of
Christ's church must thoroughly understand and plainly teach the divine
imperative to disciple our children, the divine prohibition of rendering
unto Caesar those who bear God's image (Matt. 22:20-21), the divine warning
to those who cause their little ones to stumble (Matt. 18:6) and the divine
promises to those who raise their children in faith (Deut. 7:9, Ps.102:5-7,
Ps. 103:17-18, Prov. 22:6, Luke 1:48-50, Acts 2:39)."
Confederation of Reformed Evangelicals (CRE) Constitution
http://www.crepres.org/cre_main/constitution.html

Saundra Lund
Moscow, ID

nothing.