[Vision2020] Re: Logos Questions, and I why I expect Tom Garfield to respond

Art Deco aka W. Fox deco@moscow.com
Fri, 12 Mar 2004 08:56:38 -0800

Paul,

We agree that no one (except for the Cult Master) can compel Logos to
present and to defend their doctrines in a community forum.

As to the rest, we shall agree to disagree.  I think that Logos is making a
grave tactical mistake in acting arrogantly, insularly, and apodictically --
all traits of a cult and traits of an educational organization ashamed or
embarrassed by their own workings.

Because of information obtained from parents of ex-Logos and current
students, former and current employees of Logos, and other interesting
sources of information, some of them from the dissatisfied inside the cult,
the discussion about the doctrines and practices of Logos will continue, in
fact in a few weeks it may well intensify, whether Mr. Garfield chooses to
respond in his own name or in lock step with the Cult Master or not.

My concern, which you apparently consider misplaced, is manifold but
includes the following:

I am greatly concerned about the effect on the children naively entrusted to
Logos of the mental and physical abuse suffered by them.  In a few weeks I
will comment on this issue extensively.

I am also greatly concerned about those sincere Christians in Christ Church
being misled and misused by blind, almost psychotic ambition.  Though I am
an non-believer, I sincerely hope that community Christian and other
religious professionals will reach out and rescue Christ Church congregants
and offer them much more joyful, satisfying, less judgmental, more
Christ-like (or Buddha-like, etc.) spiritual succor.

Thank you for your comments.

Wayne

Art Deco  (Wayne Fox)
deco@moscow.com