[Vision2020] Kerry's comments

Joan Opyr auntiestablishment@hotmail.com
Thu, 11 Mar 2004 09:13:37 -0800

Carl tells us:

>The Bush/Cheney administration wants an apology from John Kerry for saying,
>in an unguarded moment when he didn't realize the microphone was still on:
>"These are the most crooked, you know, lying group I've ever seen.  It's
>scary."  For this they want an apology?   Gosh, that would have been like
>Timothy Mcveigh demanding an apology for being called the Oklahoma City
>bomber.  Oops, now I've gone and done it.  Obviously, certifiably
>unpatriotic.  Call John Ashcroft.

We'll have to wait to call Ashcroft until he's out of Walter Reed Hospital.
(He's having his gallbladder removed after a bad bout with gallstones and
pancreatitis.  Gall bladder attacks and pancreatitis are always very
painful.  Excruciating, even.  Doubled over, sweating profusely, Ashcroft's
face was pale and ashen . . . sorry.  Please excuse me for lingering on this
image.  How downright uncharitable of me.  But pancreatitis is very painful.
  Very.)

Now, as to Carl's point about the Bushies demanding an apology from Kerry.
Let's see -- the microphone was on, Kerry didn't know it, and he described
Bush and Cheney as crooked?  He didn't call either of them an asshole?  As I
recall, this is what Bush called NY Times reporter Adam Clymer during a
similar microphone mishap.

Bush's father, in his stump speeches, repeatedly called Al Gore "Ozone" and
Bill Clinton "Bozo."  Remember the campaign of 1992?  What was left of the
Beach Boys traveled around the country with Bush, Sr., singing a specially
modified version of one their songs, "I'm picking up Bush vibrations; he's
the best guy to lead this nation."  Bush vibrations -- I kid you not.

Offering no further observations, I am,

Joan Opyr/Auntie Establishment

Create a Job Alert on MSN Careers and enter for a chance to win $1000!
http://msn.careerbuilder.com/promo/kaday.htm?siteid=CBMSN_1K&sc_extcmp=JS_JASweep_MSNHotm2