[Vision2020] All Stile, no substance.

Ben Twigg bentwigg@yahoo.com
Thu, 11 Mar 2004 09:43:06 -0800 (PST)

Speaking of "fallacious" arguments, Wayne Fox seems to
argue the following (his original text appears below):

Premises:

1. P.S. Stile has presented a circular (and therefore
fallacious) argument.
2. P.S. Stile is associated with Christ Church.

Conclusion:

New St. Andrew's College and Logos School should do a
better job of learning/teaching logic.

Perhaps Mr. Fox can explain to us how his conclusion
follows from his premises, or how the above is not an
accurate representation of his words.

Ben Twigg

P.S. I am not asserting or denying the truth of Mr.
Fox's premises or conclusion. I am merely suggesting
that his argument, as presented below, is logically
invalid.

------=_NextPart_000_004D_01C40745.1BEBE9C0

Normal Folks,

In different language from Joan, a restatement: Kirker
PS Stile argues:

[A]    The bible is true because it is the word of
god.
        How do you know the bible is the word of god?
        The bible says so.
        How do we know what the bible says is true?
        See [A].

The is a classic example of a circular argument -- a
fallacious argument form assuming as true what you are
trying to prove.

Logos School and New Saint Andrews conceitedly and
loudly crow about their courses in logic.  Maybe they
should learn it before they attempt to teach it.

Wayne Fox