[Vision2020] Right 'til you smell it, straight 'til you step in it.

Joan Opyr auntiestablishment@hotmail.com
Fri, 05 Mar 2004 09:39:51 -0800

You know, I woke up this morning intending to clean out the chicken coop.
(After a long winter, the birds' straw is less than pristine.)  I put my
boots on -- thick lug sole, heavy steel toe -- but before I could get out
the door, damned if I didn't log onto Vision 2020 and step right into a big
pile of anonymous email.  Ah well, what's done is done.  Before I take care
of the chickens outside, why don't I just take care of the chicken shit in
here?

Regional Enquirer writes:

>rosemary's questions raise some good points about reporting to law
>enforcement.  but i wonder rose, if you haven't lost proportionality in
>your perspective.  for example, just to pose a plausible hypothetical
>question for this day and age, have any of your six children, or any of
>your grandchildren, ever smoked marijuana in their life?

Rose did indeed have a son who smoked pot, dear Enquirer, but he's dead now,
so you don't have to worry about him.  Or perhaps you'd like her to make a
quick call to Jesus?  She'll need to take out a second mortgage.  Those on
this list who remember Ben Huskey know that he'd be bound to reverse the
charges.

When Melynda compared Christ Church to a pressure cooker, she was being
kind.  I would have said La Cosa Nostra.  Judging from some of the documents
making their merry way into the public arena, Doug's idea of pastoral care
seems to include threat, extortion, retaliation, and cover up.  All charm
one minute, all teeth the next, he can't decide if he wants to be John Gotti
or Eddie Haskell.  Dissent will not be tolerated, but that's a lovely dress
you're wearing, Mrs. Cleaver.

Squelch!  (That, Mr. Enquirer, was the sound of me putting the boot into
your avenue of production.  You'll want to hose that off when your faucet
thaws.)

Joan Opyr/Auntie Establishment

One-click access to Hotmail from any Web page – download MSN Toolbar now!