[Vision2020] Re: another question for Doug Wilson

Melynda Huskey mghuskey@msn.com
Thu, 04 Mar 2004 17:07:55 -0800

Doug Wilson writes:
>An initial observation that I will repeat again at the close of this post
>is this. I strongly object to the necessity of having to answer charges
>manufactured out of private pastoral correspondence. As a pastor,
>counseling many people on many sensitive issues, you need to know that I
>now have to proceed on the supposition that at some point Bill London will
>be rifling through the exchanges, and posting questions about it on the
>Internet.

Well, only if the people who received the correspondence are willing to
share it.  We read what's been made publicly available; we "rifle through"
what's in the open.  And while you may feel that your "enemies" lack good
taste or decency for paying attention to what you do, it's your friends who
are putting the information out where we can all see it.   The flow of
charges "manufactured out of private pastoral correspondence" would soon dry
up if nothing were shared.

Why might members of Christ Church (present or former) feel that these
documents are of interest to the larger community?  Why aren't the
Methodist, Presbyterian, Episcopal, Unitarian, Nazarene, Impact, Rock, and
Catholic churches in Moscow experiencing the same information flow problem?

Have you ever used a pressure cooker?  They're fitted with steam valves
which allow excess pressure to escape safely; when you block up that valve,
you turn up the heat at your own risk.  Sometimes the darned things explode,
when the pressure from within is greater than the strength of the container.

Melynda Huskey

Find things fast with the new MSN Toolbar – includes FREE pop-up blocking!