[Vision2020] Delayed Response to Eric E.

Nicholas Gier ngier@uidaho.edu
Wed, 16 Jun 2004 10:18:10 -0600

Greetings:

I've got a backlog of postings because of my computer problems, so I'm catching up on my one-day limit.

Dear Eric:

This is a delayed response to Eric E's post of June 1 concerning Jim Wilson's Community Campus Ministries.  As Eric did not deny that Doug Wilson is the chair of the committee to replace his dad, I, along with many others, will assume that he will have a lot to say in the decision.

OK, Eric, I will now withdraw my nomination for you as Jim's replacement.  I find it puzzling that you think that the most important qualification that you lack is "eight years of seminary."  Jim Wilson does not have a seminary degree, and besides only a few seminaries would pass muster as truly Christian, according to Doug Wilson's criteria.  By the way, Eric, the normal seminary degree is three, not eight, years.

Furthermore, the three questions that I posed do not concern "small doctrinal matters."  I would wager that millions of devout Christians would disagree with Wilson's positions on these questions.  You have a singular opportunity to demonstrate that the ministry you work for is different from Doug Wilson on these fundamental issues.  Many Christians would feel strongly obligated to speak out to preserve the reputation of the faith.

Finally, I would like for you to document where and when I have "maliciously misrepresented" Doug Wilson.  You can review some of my writings on the subject at www.class.uidaho.edu/ngier/WilsonStory.htm and www.class.uidaho.edu/ngier/slavepage.htm.  I'm afraid he condemns himself from his own mouth and through his own actions.

Nick Gier