[Vision2020] Theology is not for everyone

Nicholas Gier ngier@uidaho.edu
Wed, 16 Jun 2004 10:15:14 -0600

Greetings:

I arrived here in Boise Saturday night and found that my motel room had free broad band service.  So I was ready to catch up on the Vision at lightning speed, by, lo, the computer gods had other ideas.  My laptop crashed, the lobby machine did not work, but finally I've found a BSU computer lab that does not require a BSU password.

With regard to the pointless debate about the Trinity, I wish to demur.  Most of you now know that Doug Wilson is switching from a mid-winter "history" conference to a summer Trinity Festival, so I think that, for those who care to think about it, the Trinity is a very relevant Moscow community topic.

I'm a little surprised at Ted's reaction, because for 32 years we have had all sorts of esoteric debates, the longest running was about the identity of soma in the Vedas.  At first I balked at his claim that it was the fly agaric mushroom, but when greatest Vedic scholar in the world said that it was, I had to concede the argument to Ted.  But now scholars are saying that it is not the mushroom at all, but the aphedra plant.  Aryans warriors may have improved their battle performance on the same weed that some of today's athletes do.

I've not received a reply from Doug Jones on my revised first salvo on the Trinity, but I will let the Vision know as soon as I get one, and, as always, just use the delete key if you are not interested.

Nick Gier