[Vision2020] Some more Idaho SI gems

Carl Westberg carlwestberg846@hotmail.com
Fri, 04 Jun 2004 11:07:19 -0700

Summer of 1962.  Yours truly at the plate at Moscow's Ghormley Park in a
crucial little league game.  Under the lights, no less.  I close my eyes
swinging and somehow hit a single.  Without consulting the first base coach,
I take off like Maury Wills, planning to steal second base.  I launch into a
beautiful hook slide, hat flying off my head, the crowd screaming.
Unfortunately, I went into my slide a LITTLE too early.  Umpire calls me
out, simply because I'm about 15 feet shy of the bag.  Let Evel Knievel beat
that, dammit.

                                                              Carl Westberg
Jr.