[Vision2020] Gravel Pit

Joan Opyr auntiestablishment@hotmail.com
Fri, 4 Jun 2004 10:51:18 -0700

------=_NextPart_001_0003_01C44A21.DDC1AC50

Tom writes:

>Question, Wayne -  Was your neighborhood zoned as a residential area?  I=
f so, I strongly
>support your argument.  I believe that certain structures are acceptable=
 in residential zones;
>structures such as stadiums, highways, airports, bus stations, high scho=
ols, elementary schools, >preschools, horse tracks, train tracks".  But a=
 fully functioning commercial gravel pit that operates 24/7 >during summe=
r months????

Actually, that was me with the 24/7 gravel pit, and we were zoned Ag/Fore=
stry.  The county granted North Idaho Crushing a variance when they grant=
ed the Conditional Use Permit.  Over the years, our fights with the count=
y weren't about shutting down the gravel pit (or the ag. chemical busines=
s) but about the county refusing to enforce its own ordinances.  That was=
 what we found so frustrating.

Joan Opyr/Auntie EstablishmentGet more from the Web.  FREE MSN Explorer d=
ownload : http://explorer.msn.com

------=_NextPart_001_0003_01C44A21.DDC1AC50

<HTML><BODY STYLE=3D"font:10pt verdana; border:none;"><DIV>Tom writes:</D=
IV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>&gt;Question, Wayne -&nbsp; Was your neighborh=
ood zoned as a residential area?&nbsp; If so, I strongly<BR>&gt;support y=
our argument.&nbsp; I believe that certain structures are acceptable in r=
esidential zones;<BR>&gt;structures such as stadiums, highways, airports,=
 bus stations, high schools, elementary schools, &gt;preschools, horse tr=
acks, train tracks".&nbsp; But a fully functioning commercial gravel pit =
that operates 24/7 &gt;during summer months????</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <=
DIV>Actually, that was me with the 24/7 gravel pit, and we were zoned Ag/=
Forestry.&nbsp; The county granted North Idaho Crushing a variance when t=
hey granted the Conditional Use Permit.&nbsp; Over the years, our fights =
with the county weren't about shutting down the gravel pit (or the ag. ch=
emical business) but about the county refusing to enforce its own ordinan=
ces.&nbsp; That was what we found so frustrating.</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>=
 <DIV>Joan Opyr/Auntie Establishment</DIV> <DIV><BR>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></=
HTML><br clear=3Dall><hr>Get more from the Web.  FREE MSN Explorer downlo=
/p>

------=_NextPart_001_0003_01C44A21.DDC1AC50--