[Vision2020] 06-01-04 LA Times: For Iraqis, a Symbol of Unkept Promises

Carl Westberg carlwestberg846@hotmail.com
Tue, 01 Jun 2004 15:32:12 -0700

Perhaps Pat is of the mindset of the gentleman who wrote to the
Spokesman-Review yesterday, labeling critics of Mr. Bush "liberal Democrat
village idiots" and instructed us to log onto www.georgewbush.com to get to
the truth.

                                                            Carl Westberg
Jr.

>From: "Melynda Huskey" <mghuskey@msn.com>
>To: vision2020@moscow.com
>Subject: Re: [Vision2020] 06-01-04 LA Times: For Iraqis, a Symbol of Unkept
>Promises
>Date: Tue, 01 Jun 2004 15:14:24 -0700
>
>Pat,
>
>I noticed that the piece included a discussion of some Iraqis' unrealistic
>expectations, the widespread corruption which plagues the reconstruction,
>poor information sharing, and a severely damaged Iraqi infrastructure--all
>reasons that it's unfair to blame the U.S. for the slow progress of
>nation-building in Iraq.  It reported that many Iraqis who welcomed the
>invasion are now frustrated and angry about the way the occupation has been
>handled.  And it acknowledged that the occupation has not been
>problem-free.  Not surprisingly, Iraqis would like schools, electricity,
>sewers, and trash collection restored to pre-war levels, and they're
>frustrated.  I didn't notice any reference to the President in the article
>at all.
>
>That looks like evenhanded reporting to me; apparently not so to you.  I'm
>curious:  what would you consider a balanced news story on this subject?
>Have you seen any that met your criteria?  What do you find objectionable
>about this one?
>
>Melynda Huskey

>List services made available by First Step Internet, serving the
>                              mailto:Vision2020@moscow.com

Best Restaurant Giveaway Ever! Vote for your favorites for a chance to win
$1 million! http://local.msn.com/special/giveaway.asp