[Vision2020] mozilla et al. Was Virus infected mail purportedlyfrom "Cweitz"

Ron Force rforce at moscow.com
Mon Jul 26 09:37:03 PDT 2004

Mozilla doesn't work with sites requiring Microsoft's ActiveX; however, this
is one of the major infection paths into IE, so not running it is a security
feature. There are some sites that require IE-- ironically, some banks.  In
this case, just keep IE on your machine, and run as needed. A few sites may
look funny. For example, some of the pages of the Idaho Statesman display in
wide format, still readable.

I use Firefox exclusively as a browser now. I'm stuck with Outlook as a mail
program since it's the only Mail-calendar program that will sync with my
Pocket PC (operating system by Microsoft), but I keep the patches and my
anti-virus program up to date and flush attachments from anyone I don't
know, and some from those I do.

Ron Force         Moscow ID USA
rforce at moscow.com

> - What functionalities does one give up by switching to applications
> offered in the mozilla suite?
>
> - What confounding/perplexing things occur for IE and OE users by
> switching to mozilla applications.
>
> Sam Scripter

(a)Yes, certainly.
(b)Windowsupdate.com and a few other sites do not work in non IE products.
(c)I'm not sure. This is definitely something you'd be better off
learning by just installing and running. I would suggest getting
Firefox, then going to your favorite sites and seeing how it works for you.

-paul

 List services made available by First Step Internet,
          mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com