[Vision2020] mozilla et al. Was Virus infected mail purportedly from "Cweitz"

Paul nath5573 at uidaho.edu
Mon Jul 26 08:45:09 PDT 2004

Sam Scripter (fsr) wrote:

> <>Thank you David Camden-Britton for the website link to mozilla.
>
> As a long-time user of Internet Explorer and Outlook Express, I am
> VERY reluctant to try a change-over to anything else. I suspect many
> other readers on this list feel the same.
>
> However, I visited the mozilla website and find it intriguing.
>
> QUESTIONS:
> - Can one have the mozilla applications installed without giving up
> ones installations of IE and OE?
>
> - What functionalities does one give up by switching to applications
> offered in the mozilla suite?
>
> - What confounding/perplexing things occur for IE and OE users by
> switching to mozilla applications.
>
> Sam Scripter

(a)Yes, certainly.
(b)Windowsupdate.com and a few other sites do not work in non IE products.
(c)I'm not sure. This is definitely something you'd be better off
learning by just installing and running. I would suggest getting
Firefox, then going to your favorite sites and seeing how it works for you.

-paul