[Vision2020] Evidence of Bush Family Values

Tbertruss at aol.com Tbertruss at aol.com
Fri Jul 23 19:07:47 PDT 2004

Lujane et. al.

Right, of course, I am a slave to my bias, and if I loved W. Bush, I would excuse all manner of ethical failure in the behavior of his children.

Well, no, not really.

And of course I know, as anyone with half a brain (I only have half left after lowering myself to the level of critical thinking and independence of thought demonstrated sometimes on V2020), that genetics and culture can sometimes foil the good intentions of any parent.

Still, parents have a tremendous impact on their children, and it is not accurate to state that bad kids are NOT often the fault of their parents.  Furthermore, no two children in a family are raised the "same."  Numerous studies of family dynamics and politics have revealed tremendous differences in how different children in families are treated, even by parents who take extreme measures to be fair and even with different children.

My commentary on Shrub and Clinton was meant as critical analysis comparing attacks on the Clinton's, their lack of "family values," by the right wing Christian robot ditto heads, and how the reality of this might be reflected in Chelsea, and then doing the same with W. Bush and attacks, or the lack thereof, on his approach to "family values," that might also be reflected in his children.

It might be concluded that Shrub gets a pass on how his "family values" are reflected given his children's behavior, whereas the Clinton's appeared to get little credit for their positive "family values" that are reflected in Chelsea.

Do you understand what I am saying?  If this analysis is wrong, tell me why!

And quit the nonsense about my bias overcoming my objectivity, OK?  Let's discuss ideas and issues with a presumption we are capable of thinking "outside our boxes," and not reduce arguments into the form of "This is just your bias talking which you cannot see beyond."

If we cannot see outside our biases why bother to discuss?

Ted Moffett