[Vision2020] Important topic?

Scott Dredge sdredge at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 15 13:42:02 PDT 2004

I respectfully disagree with Carl.  The 2004 Mariners
are the elephant in the room that everybody's
pretending is not there.  My vote is to retool them.
Use the 2nd half to give younger players some
experience.  Trading Garcia and placing Aurilia on
assignment is a good start.  I would use Edgar only as
a pinch hitter.  Also, I'd look to get more pop in the
first base spot.  I like Olerud, but it's time to
invest in a younger team.  Also, I would 86 Melvin and
hire Brenly.  Melvin was backup to Brenly during their
Giants playing days and Brenly won a World Series as a
rookie Manager.

And if anyone thinks I'm trying to start a flame
war...well I guess I am.  This season has been a major
dissapointment and I'd like to see some major house
cleaning.  The only thing positive about this season
is that it's easy to get good seats at Safeco.

-Scott

--- Carl Westberg <carlwestberg846 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> My former co-worker and still friend Debbie feels
> the Anselm House tax
> exemption issue should not be discussed anymore.  I
> respectfully (and I mean
> that) disagree with Debbie.   This is an important
> issue for everyone, be it
> business owner or private home owner.  Property
> taxes have gone up for
> everyone, and if, (stressing the word IF), an
> organization that should have
> been and should be currently paying property taxes
> on a large chunk of
> downtown property has not been doing so, it's no
> small matter to the
> community.  Anyway, Debbie, it sure beats talking
> about the 2004 Mariners.

CarlWestberg Jr.