[Vision2020] Important topic?

Debbie Gray dgray at uidaho.edu
Thu Jul 15 13:42:24 PDT 2004

Now wait just a minute... I didn't say the issue shouldn't be
discussed anymore. I think it's fine and interesting and relevant. Go
for it! But the bulk of 2020 for the past 2 weeks has been devoted to
that topic.

I am just looking for variety... about our community other than
christ church. We do have a community identity that is other than 'we
fought christ church and won' !  Or do we. I guess we had to find
something other than last summer's "topless and free in Moscow"
identity.

And I hope this tax decision provokes a thorough review of other tax
statuses (stati?) or I will have to file my own exempt status because
our household is definitely a non-profit organization devoted to the
care and raising of 2 children... And for a special offer, these 2
delightful children are available for a sponsor. They will send you
weekly art projects, their caregiver can send current photos and even
let you talk to them on the phone. And take them to parks. Yes. For
only $10/day you can make a difference... Why just yesterday, this
young Alex took his inquiring mind and willing body and put the
garden hose into his basement bedroom window and proceeded to flood
it because "he just wanted to see what would happen."  Now who would
want to miss out on such snippets of his life? Anyone?? Bueller?

Debbie

On 15 Jul 2004 at 12:29, Carl Westberg wrote:

> My former co-worker and still friend Debbie feels the Anselm House tax
> exemption issue should not be discussed anymore.  I respectfully (and
>   I mean that) disagree with Debbie.   This is an important issue for
>   everyone, be it business owner or private home owner.  Property
    taxes
>   have gone up for everyone, and if, (stressing the word IF), an
>   organization that should have been and should be currently paying
>   property taxes on a large chunk of downtown property has not been
>   doing so, it's no small matter to the community.  Anyway, Debbie,
    it
>   sure beats talking about the 2004 Mariners.
>   >   >   >   Carl Westberg Jr.
>   >   _________________________________________________________________
    MSN
>   Life Events gives you the tips and tools to handle the turning
    points
>   in your life. http://lifeevents.msn.com
>   List services made available by First Step Internet,
>   http://www.fsr.net