[Vision2020] They're always after me lucky charms!

Joan Opyr auntiestablishment at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 13 17:14:30 PDT 2004

Saundra asks:

"Can anyone ***please*** explain to me why on EARTH Christ Church, rather than the NSA Trustees, would appeal the board's decision regarding the one NSA parcel?!?!?

Oh . . . wait:  is there really any difference between the NSA Trustees and Christ Church when out of five trustees, the two lifetime trustees are the Two Dougs:  Doug Wilson and Doug Jones . . . and two other trustees are Christ Church members in good standing, one of whom must be an ordained deacon or
elder?"

No doubt it requires a feat of mental gymnastics to understand the subtle and nuanced differences between the various factions of Doug Wilson, Inc  Where does Christ Church end and New St. Andrews/Logos/Anselm House begin?  How can we tell these entities apart when the same names keep cropping up as trustees, elders, and employees?  The mind boggles and the head spins.

Just speaking for myself here, I find it's helpful to stop thinking "church" and start thinking "Northern Ireland."  You know how the IRA has a militant wing and a political wing?  Gerry Adams and Martin McGinnis are members of Sinn Fein, the political wing, and though they effectively speak for the militant wing in negotiations, they're not members of the IRA.  Or so they say.

Well, clearly Doug Wilson and Doug Jones are members of  . . . Sinn Fake, the political wing of the NSA.  They're on the faculty of the NSA, and the board of the NSA, and they speak for the NSA, but they're not the NSA.  Doug Wilson is just the pastor of Christ Church, and Doug Jones is just an elder, except when they're doing something else like collecting their royalties from Canon Press which is located in Anselm House.  Wait -- how did Anselm House get in here?  Did someone leave the back door open?

Picturing the Dougs in black balaclavas,

Joan Opyr/Auntie Establishment

PS: The whole Christ Church/NSA/Anselm House business gets even more complicated when it comes to what Doug Jones dismissed in the Daily News as "small town politics."  Though county commissioner Paul Kimmel is a member of Christ Church and has served in some capacity on a New St. Andrews scholarship fund, he declared on the record that he can see no conflict of interest in his previous votes to grant NSA and Anselm House their now rescinded tax exemptions.  How can this be?  If Rose were a county commissioner, The Church of Auntie Establishment wouldn't dream of asking her for a tax exemption.  Hell, I wouldn't ask her for air in a jug.  She'd be bound to recuse herself straight away, thus ruining my evil plans to take over Latah County.  (Damn Quakers.  Let's get those ethical types out of politics and back on the oatmeal box!)    Get more from the Web.  FREE MSN Explorer download : http://explorer.msn.com