[Vision2020] Steve Wilkins on Racism

bill london london@moscow.com
Fri, 30 Jan 2004 10:42:30 -0800

I wonder if anyone else noticed that these attacks are just another case
of "if you can't kill the message, kill the messenger."

Nobody has discussed the message that I offered during the debate (the
growing partnership between Christ Church leadership and Wilkins et al
will make Moscow into a haven for Neo-Confederates), but have focused
instead on this tangential issue.

Of course I had been involved in the discussions on V2020 (and
elsewhere) about Wilson, Wilkins, etc ad nauseum.  My point was that my
in-depth research into the Neo-Confederate perspective and agenda really
began as I prepared my Town Crier editorial (published 12/31/03).  So, I
probably got involved in researching Neo-Confederates in mid-December.

And by the way, I really do not think overt racism is the issue with
Neo-Confederates.  Neo-Confederates, like Wilkins, are not KKK members.
They are more intellectual and sophisticated.  To Northern audiences,
they stress their benevolence and brotherhood.
BL