[Vision2020] Public Defenders Office

bubba jones bubbajones9763@hotmail.com
Fri, 30 Jan 2004 18:13:46 +0000

Rose,
the PDs job IS to represent his client, true.  However, it's not his/her job
to try and get people off
for a crime they committed.  The client knows whether he/she did it and the
PD knows whether he/she did it.  The job of the PD is to make sure that, if
his client did it, that the state can prove it.  If they can't prove it, go
to trial.  If they can, cop to a lesser.  If the client knows he didn't do
it then trial is the only option.

I think part of the problem is that we've watched too much Law and Order.

B.