[Vision2020] Steve Wilkins on Racism

Jerry Owen owenjerry@hotmail.com
Fri, 30 Jan 2004 18:06:47 +0000

Rose and Steve and V20/20,

I did read Wilkins on hospitality, and it was a fine one.  To quench your
curiosity, the reason why I mentioned three weeks (and running, don't
forget) of research on the Neoconfeds was because that's how long Bill
London said (actually two weeks, but I like to be optomistic and not think
he's wrapped it up already) he has even known about it.  Did you hear the
little discussion on KUOI the other night? How Bill, who is so plugged in
and obviously a Not in Our Town spokesman, could be so ignorant of your deep
archive on V2020, well, it boggles.

You are cordially invited and need only to show up.  Steve would be glad to
answer any questions or concerns you have much as Doug did at the town
meeting you missed out on.  But fair enough, you had an ordination party to
attend.

Best,

JO

>From: DonaldH675@aol.com
>To: owenjerry@hotmail.com, vision2020@moscow.com
>Subject: Re: [Vision2020] Steve Wilkins on Racism
>Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 23:58:58 EST
>
>Jerry,
>
>What a gracious invitation to Steve Wilkins talk.  Instead of worrying
>about
>what he thinks about slavery (it is my sense that safely in Idaho, away
>from
>his neo-con friends, he will backtrack so fast all we will see are skid
>marks)
>you might want to place his book on hospitality on your reading list.
>
>I am a bit curious why you think that many of us have only spent three
>weeks
>thinking about Neo-Confederate organizations or racism.  I urge you to do a
>quick 2020 archival search - it might refresh your memory on how long this
>has
>been a topic.
>
>I was unaware that Steve Wilkins was receiving death threats because of his
>multicultural congregation.  If that is the case, it must be easy for him
>empathize with those of us who are under the same burden from his fellow
>forum
>speaker, George Grant who calls for the death penalty for homosexuals,
>fornicators, and the incorrigible adolesent.
>
>Do we register for this talk, or just come on in?
>
>Rose Huskey

What are the 5 hot job markets for 2004? Click here to find out.
http://msn.careerbuilder.com/Custom/MSN/CareerAdvice/WPI_WhereWillWeFindJobsIn2004.htm?siteid=CBMSN3006&sc_extcmp=JS_wi08_dec03_hotmail1