[Vision2020] Amy's still not "getting it"

Tim Lohrmann timlohr@yahoo.com
Sat, 24 Jan 2004 15:21:21 -0800 (PST)

--0-1276644719-1074986481=:71121

Amy,
    It wasn't about his sex life. It was about sexual harassment.
    What is it about 1. a state's chief executive exposing himself to a low-level underling over which he could indirectly have firing authority; 2. having sex with women under him in the White House; 3. groping women who work for him. etc. that you don't call sexual harassment.
    And THEN for feminists and the feminist minded not to speak out against him just because he happened to have a D by his name? It's mind-boggling.
    If he hadn't been a political ally of the major feminist groups they would have been first in line on the impeachment bandwagon for his perjury and you know it.
    At least the ARK Bar had the guts to disbar him for his crime.

  And again, no one that I saw has defended W for his actions at all.
   Best, TL
amy smoucha <asmoucha@hotmail.com> wrote:
Tim, though I'm sure this is a tired thread by now, I have to jump in.
Feminist-minded Democrats condemned Clinton, but not because of his sexual
behavior or his womanizing. Clinted deserved criticism from women because
he signed a welfare reform bill that punished women and children, forced
them to work for low wages (often less than minimum wage as in New York's
workfare programs), all without adequate funding for childcare, education
and healthcare. Feminists were also outraged because he signed DOMA.
Clinton and Gore did enough to piss off the women who voted for them, but we
care about more important issues than a president's sex life or whether he
calls someone Babe.

As for lying--it is despicable that he lied, but the national discussion of
his sex life was such an affront--another kind of cheating, and you know it.
Politicians throughout this nation's history have been womanizers, have
cheated with their interns. They drink, smoke and have a lot of sex. The
right-wing attack on Bill Clinton was a paparazzo-like attempt to make
national politics more like the Jerry Springer show. And they spent
millions of tax-payer dollars to create the spectacle.

If a leader should impeached for lying, we better start the process for Bush
right now--he's told serious lies that have killed thousands of people. He
lied about WMDs in Iraq, about Hussain trying to buy uranium from Africa,
about our economy improving and about jobs being created during his
administration, about the No Child Left Behind Act working.

The Guerilla Girls have a great new poster showing that Bush is one of the
worst threats to our national security
http://www.guerrillagirls.com/posters/womensterroralert.shtml . I hope
this time next year we are inaugurating another flawed Democrat to replace
this scary Republican. I want to send Bush and Cheney life-sized pink slips
on behalf of the thousands of workers who have lost jobs since they've been
in office. I'd also like to draft them and stick them in Baghdad. I can
dream, can't I?

Amy Smoucha