[Vision2020] Not on the Palouse, Not Ever website

amy smoucha asmoucha@hotmail.com
Thu, 22 Jan 2004 01:12:19 -0600

Tom & all,

I had some time to spend at the Not On The Palouse, Not Ever website this
evening (http://www.tomandrodna.com/notonthepalouse/ ).  I am so impressed
with how much information you've compiled and made available.  I especially
like the fact that community members can read and see for themselves what
our concerns are, and can evaluate texts and websites set up by
organizations and individuals from all sides of our lasting debate.

I wonder, too, if we shouldn't add an "Action Alert" section.  One that
tells people about any current issues and what they may do to get involved.
For example, it would be helpful to know about Douglas Wilson's letter to
Gov. Kempthorne.  I for one am very concerned about a local preacher seeking
sanction of academics who are writing and commenting on issues in their
subject areas.  My tax dollars go to support the U of I, and I certainly
want professors and staff members to participate in the community, and to
write and comment on issues within their academic disciplines without fear
of censorship or reproach--especially from a church-based entity.  I read
that book about Galileo recently, by Davida  . . . hmmm can't remember.  It
really made me understand how important it is to make sure that institutions
of learning, research and knowledge are not controlled by religious
influences.  If we put that information there, we can put a link so people
know how to email and/or contact Gov. Kempthorne to voice their opinions.

Tom, thank you so much for the serious and thoughtful way you've put the
website together.  It is a great resource!

Amy Smoucha

Check out the new MSN 9 Dial-up — fast & reliable Internet access with prime