[Vision2020] Is there a correct interpretation of the bible? Response

Tom Hansen thansen@moscow.com
Tue, 20 Jan 2004 05:56:19 -0800

Edna Wilmington stated:

" . . . Mr. Fox implies that he believes that arrogance, insincerity,
deception (cf. "con artistry"), abasement of others, belittlement of others,
and insulting others are unethical behaviours."

Again, Ms. Wilmington claims that she has full knowledge of somebody else's
beliefs.  That is wrong, but that is another story.

It is my impression that Mr. Fox is not implying that these are unethical
behaviors, merely suggesting that these are undesirable traits.  I am fairly
certain that you, Ms. Wilmington, would not care to establish any kind of
relationship (business or otherwise) with somebody that obviously possesses
these characteristics.  But, I could be wrong.

I, on the other hand, believe these traits to be totally unethical.  I
wouldn't want my children to adopt these traits. I wouldn't want any
teachers applying them.  And I most certainly would not care to have a
pastor preaching them from his/her pulpit.

Take care,

Tom Hansen
Not On The Palouse, Not Ever

"Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of
others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of
hope."

Robert F. Kennedy
(1925-1968, American Attorney General, Senator)