[Vision2020] Is there a correct interpretation of the bible? Response

Edna Wilmington edwilming@yahoo.com
Mon, 19 Jan 2004 23:50:42 -0800 (PST)

Forum Members,

First, I want to sincerely thank Mr. Fox for his kind
and reasonable reply to my questions.  I agree with
much of what he wrote, and I'm willing, for the sake
of discussion, to concede some of the points where I
would tend to disagree.

Second, I want to reiterate my desire to have a fair
and reasonable discussion.  If at any point, my
behaviour runs afoul of that desire, I request that
the members of the forum call me to account.

After reviewing my original list of questions, I think
Mr. Fox's reply includes implied answers to some but
not all of them.  In the interest of simplicity and
brevity, I'm willing to set aside my original list of
questions. Perhaps it might be worthwhile to return to
them later.  In the meantime, I will comply fully with
Mr. Fox's ground rules and submit one question based
on a message of his which I will cite below.

Here is Mr. Fox's message, posted to the V2020 Forum
on December 9, 2003:

< quote >

If the arrogant, insincere, con artistry answers below
by cult leader Wilson to Nick Gier's questions are a
sample of what's going to be served up as answers at
the Town Sermon on Thursday, why would anyone outside
of a cult member want to attend unless they are
masochists who wish to be abased, belittled, and
insulted?

Wayne A. Fox

< end quote >

Assertion #1:

The message above from Mr. Fox implies that he
believes that arrogance, insincerity, deception (cf.
"con artistry"), abasement of others, belittlement of
others, and insulting others are unethical behaviours.

Assertion #2:

Mr. Fox's belief, as stated in Assertion #1, is a
"knowledge claim."  That is, by implication, Mr. Fox
claims to know that the list of behaviours is
unethical.

Proposed concessions:

Deception, abasement of others, belittlement of
others, and insulting others are unethical behaviours.

Question:

How would Mr. Fox prove that arrogance and insincerity
are also unethical behaviours?

Edna Wilmington