[Vision2020] Review of my book on the Evangelicals

Nicholas Gier ngier@uidaho.edu
Sat, 17 Jan 2004 15:47:16 -0800

Dear Mike:

I do not know of a review of my book "God, Reason, and the Evangelicals" by Alvin Plantinga.  All that is left in my files is the following prepublication review by an anonymous reviewer.

"This book is a well thought-out and well written statement of the flaws of a rationalist, evangelical fundamentalist position.  It is, in addition, an excellent presentation of philosophical theology.  While the entire text is excellent, I believe that chapters one, five, six, eight, and nine, along with the introduction are most significant to the author's success.  This book is highly significant and should be published quickly."

The standard system of blind review would dramatically improve the quality of Canon Press.  For example, blind review would have prevented both Jones' racism essay and the Wilkin/Wilson slavery piece from ever making it to a printing press.

Yours for scholarly and responsible theology,

Nick Gier