[Vision2020] "A bit off"-list

amy smoucha asmoucha@hotmail.com
Sat, 17 Jan 2004 15:58:56 -0600

V2020 folks:

David Douglas emailed me wanting to discuss Rose's post, but only off-list.
In addition, Nate & Joshua both make posts, but refuse to discuss or to
respond to others.  They are showing complete disrespect for the list-serve
and, in my opinion, intellectual and spiritual cowardice.

Despite all our differences, I always thought it was good and healthy that
as a community we have been *discussing* our different beliefs and ideas.
Though no one changed, we all learned from each other, considered new ideas,
learned of new thinkers & schools of thought.  If David, Nate & Joshua are
posting, but unwilling to respond to the rest of us, I now feel their posts
are nothing but impotent, proselytizing drivel.  Until they use the 2020
forum as it's intended, I've decided I won't even read their posts--I'm just
going to delete them on sight.  It will be interesting to see what the forum
reads like without them.  If they ever change strategies, someone please let
me know.

I was really angry when some peole callled Christ Church a cult.  I thought
it was insulting and demeaning, that such hyperbole shut down communication.
  I am beginning to think I was wrong--Christ Church members are acting like
they are in a cult--they talk, but listen only to themselves, to their
internal tapes.

I half-expect Nate and others to start posting about how intolerant I am and
to feel persectuted and victimized.  But in this new and bizarre trend, the
Christ Church members who refuse to discuss things yet remain the list, are
clearly marginalizing themselves.

Amy Smoucha

Check out the new MSN 9 Dial-up — fast & reliable Internet access with prime