[Vision2020] creating tolerance

Dan Carscallen predator75@moscow.com
Thu, 8 Jan 2004 09:47:14 -0800

Why does the city have to openly support any view?  As soon as you pick
a group to "support" or a group to not discriminate against,  you seem
to "condemn" or discriminate against other groups.  Do those who don't
agree with the views of Christ Church, or whoever, really feel that
threatened?  From what I can tell just walking around town, we're a
pretty liberal community.  Granted, not quite as politically liberal as
some would like, but I'm pretty sure I haven't seen any Aryan Nation
parades through downtown Moscow in the last 35 years.

There are aspects of my lifestyle and some of my activities that are
quite unpopular with many in this town because they might not be
politically correct.  Do I feel threatened?  Yeah, maybe a little.
While I can appreciate their stance, I'm going to keep on doing what I
do because that is my lifestyle and I enjoy it.  I just wish others
would appreciate other types of "diversity" that maybe aren't as
politically correct as the diversity we are supposed to be tolerating.

It sure is tough being intolerant to intolerance . . .  I don't think I
can tolerate any more of it.

DC