[Vision2020] Could you live on just $575 a month?

LuJane Nisse publisher lujane@lataheagle.com
Sat, 28 Feb 2004 23:22:12 -0800

------=_NextPart_000_002B_01C3FE51.B17DE5D0

Idaho is not the only state expecting people to live on $575. My niece had a
liver transplant and has to be on disability because her meds are over $1500
a month (anti rejection meds). She cannot work or she will lose her
disability medical payment so is forced to live on $575 in order to stay
alive. It makes no sense. She would like to work. She can't get anything
much hirer than minimum wage, but she'd like to do that as sitting home all
day is hard.

  -----Original Message-----
  From: vision2020-admin@moscow.com [mailto:vision2020-admin@moscow.com]On
Behalf Of DonovArn@aol.com
  Sent: Saturday, February 28, 2004 9:23 PM
  To: vision2020@moscow.com
  Subject: [Vision2020] Could you live on just $575 a month?

  I am wondering how many people on this server list could live on $575 a
month. How about if got you $575 a month and had no ability to work and all
your family members were dead or just left you and disowned you? Well, did
you know that most people on SSI and Disability only receive about $575 a
month.

  I ask you as a human being, or as a Christian, both, which ever you
prefer, if this is expectable treatment of person's with a disability? Is
this loving? Is this Christian? Is this even Human?

  You can ignore this post. But at some time, it will come back in bite you
in the ass. Call it voodoo, bad Karma, God's revenge. But it will come back
around to you. It may in the form of a giant ton of bricks that leave you
disabled, it may come from you spending your last youthful days having to
take care of a loved one because the state doesn't give them enough to live
on.

  But I think it is the duty of every decent human being to contact their
state legislatures and urge, or more like insist, that disabled in the state
of Idaho, that are unable to work, be treated like Human Beings and be given
the dignity of a livable paycheck.

  Idaho is so in the dark ages when it comes to the proper treatment of
people that cannot and do not have the ability to care for themselves. This
is like leaving a child to live on their own.

  $575 is gross, disgusting, and beneath the dignity of any Human Being.

  I just wanted to urge people to take action on this important issue. Idaho
is practicing Hitler-Style tactics on the mentally disabled by giving just
enough to live a miserable, undignified lifestyle that slowly eats away at
their health and dignity as individuals.

  Again, I am not talking about people that are lazy, or just unwilling to
do certain types of jobs. I am talking about people that cannot think, act,
and move like normal adults.

  Sincerely,

  Donovan J Arnold

------=_NextPart_000_002B_01C3FE51.B17DE5D0

<HTML><HEAD>
<META charset=3DUS-ASCII http-equiv=3DContent-Type=20
content=3D"text/html; charset=3DUS-ASCII">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1400" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; BACKGROUND-COLOR: =
#ffffff">
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" color=3D#0000ff size=3D4><SPAN=20
class=3D079501907-29022004>Idaho is not the only state expecting people =
to live on=20
$575. My niece had a liver transplant and has to be on disability =
because her=20
meds are over $1500 a month (anti rejection meds). She cannot work or =
she will=20
lose her disability medical payment so is forced to live on $575 in =
order to=20
stay alive. It makes no sense. She would like to work. She can't get =
anything=20
much hirer than minimum wage, but she'd like to do that as sitting home =
all day=20
is hard. </SPAN></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" color=3D#0000ff size=3D4><SPAN=20
class=3D079501907-29022004></SPAN></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr style=3D"MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
  <DIV class=3DOutlookMessageHeader dir=3Dltr align=3Dleft><FONT =
face=3DTahoma=20
  size=3D2>-----Original Message-----<BR><B>From:</B> =
vision2020-admin@moscow.com=20
  [mailto:vision2020-admin@moscow.com]<B>On Behalf Of=20
  </B>DonovArn@aol.com<BR><B>Sent:</B> Saturday, February 28, 2004 9:23=20
  PM<BR><B>To:</B> vision2020@moscow.com<BR><B>Subject:</B> [Vision2020] =
Could=20
  you live on just $575 a month?<BR><BR></FONT></DIV>
  <DIV>I am wondering how many people on this server list could live on =
$575 a=20
  month. How about if got you $575 a month and had no ability to work=20
  and&nbsp;all your family members were dead or just left you and =
disowned=20
  you?&nbsp;Well, did you know that most people on SSI and Disability =
only=20
  receive&nbsp;about $575 a month.</DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>I ask you as a human being, or as a Christian, both, which ever =
you=20
  prefer, if this is expectable treatment of person's with a disability? =
Is this=20
  loving? Is this Christian? Is this even Human?</DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>You can ignore this post. But at some time, it will come back in =
bite you=20
  in the ass. Call it voodoo, bad Karma, God's revenge. But it will come =
back=20
  around to you. It may in the form of a giant ton of bricks that leave =
you=20
  disabled, it may come from you spending your last youthful days having =
to take=20
  care of a loved one because the state doesn't give them enough to live =

  on.</DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>But I think it is the duty of every decent human being to contact =
their=20
  state&nbsp;legislatures and urge, or more like insist, that disabled =
in the=20
  state of Idaho, that are unable to work, be treated like Human Beings =
and be=20
  given the dignity of a livable paycheck.</DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>Idaho is so in the dark ages when it comes to the proper =
treatment of=20
  people that cannot and do not have the ability to care for themselves. =
This is=20
  like leaving a child to live on their own. </DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>$575 is gross, disgusting, and beneath the dignity of any Human=20
  Being.</DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>I just wanted to urge people to take action on this important=20
  issue.&nbsp;Idaho is practicing Hitler-Style tactics on =
the&nbsp;mentally=20
  disabled by giving just enough to live a miserable,&nbsp;undignified =
lifestyle=20
  that&nbsp;slowly eats away at their health and&nbsp;dignity as=20
  individuals.&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>Again, I am not talking about people that are lazy, or just =
unwilling to=20
  do certain types of jobs. I am talking about people that cannot think, =
act,=20
  and move like normal adults.</DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>Sincerely,</DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>Donovan J Arnold</DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_002B_01C3FE51.B17DE5D0--