[Vision2020] Outrage in our Schools

Art Deco aka W. Fox deco@moscow.com
Wed, 25 Feb 2004 07:29:26 -0800

------=_NextPart_000_0041_01C3FB71.193C3C00

Andreas makes some very good points.  Almost all teachers are not criminals.
A very small number do cross the line with drugs and sexual abuse.  We
should not try to shield these individuals.

However, I think the following of Andreas' points is debatable:

"And Vision2020 probably isn't the place to rant about it, either."

If the allegations are true, I think an investigation is in order.

Shirley communicates that she was blown off.  If what she says is true, then
that might be a sign of a serious problem in the school district and/or the
MPD.

Since this is an issue that can affect a large, important part of the
community -- especially children -- perhaps Vision 2020 is exactly the place
to create a discussion about it.  Having an open, uncensored forum, despite
its drawbacks, will, I hope, in the long run lead to greater community
awareness of a lot of issues and hopefully positive action.  I think that
Vision 2020 is the type of forum that the founding fathers might say is the
reason for freedom of expression.  No one person or group owns the truth.
Finding the truth is a perpetual process involving disagreement and
continual search.

Wayne Fox

------=_NextPart_000_0041_01C3FB71.193C3C00

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DVerdana>Andreas makes some very good =
points.&nbsp;&nbsp;Almost=20
all&nbsp;teachers are not criminals.&nbsp; A&nbsp;very small =
number&nbsp;do=20
cross the line with drugs and sexual abuse.&nbsp; We should not try to =
shield=20
these individuals.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DVerdana></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DVerdana>However, I think the following of Andreas' =
points is=20
debatable:</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DVerdana></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>"And Vision2020 probably isn't the place to rant about it, =
either."</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DVerdana>If the allegations are true, I think an =
investigation is=20
in order.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DVerdana></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DVerdana>Shirley communicates that she was blown =
off.&nbsp; If=20
what she says is true, then that might be a sign of a serious problem in =
the=20
school district and/or the MPD.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DVerdana></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DVerdana>Since this is an issue that can affect a =
large,=20
important part of the community -- especially children -- perhaps Vision =
2020 is=20
exactly the place to create a discussion about it.&nbsp; Having an open, =

uncensored&nbsp;forum, despite its drawbacks, will, I hope, in the long =
run lead=20
to greater community awareness of a lot of issues and hopefully positive =

action.&nbsp; I think that Vision 2020 is the type of forum that the =
founding=20
fathers might say is the reason for freedom of expression.&nbsp; No one =
person=20
or group owns the truth.&nbsp; Finding the truth is a perpetual process=20
involving disagreement and continual search.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DVerdana></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DVerdana>Wayne Fox</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DVerdana></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0041_01C3FB71.193C3C00--