[Vision2020] Lets move on

Pat Kraut pkraut@moscow.com
Sun, 22 Feb 2004 14:00:14 -0800

------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C3F94C.31F24EA0

I am also tired of hearing about Wilson and his church. I have read so =
many false statements and stretches of the truth on this site and in the =
newspapers it is disgusting. You want to talk 'not in my town' for me =
that is one group not rising up to make sure we do and believe the same =
to the point that spitting on windows and stealing becomes acceptabel =
behavior. It has all made me wonder just when jack boots are going to be =
issued.=20
While I don't agree with everything on this list you wouldn't agree with =
everything on my list. But, we sure could work on the ones we agee about =
without the sacrifice of a church.=20
Lets move on.
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: DonovArn@aol.com=20
  To: deco@moscow.com ; vision2020@moscow.com=20
  Sent: Saturday, February 21, 2004 11:44 PM
  Subject: Re: [Vision2020] Marriage and the bible

  Wayne,

  OK here is my incisive analyses of Doug Wilson and the I hate Doug =
Wilson Fan Club, AKA Not on the Palouse, Not Ever.

  I think it is a violation of Mr. Wilson's and members of Christ Church =
rights to speak, act, and practice their First amendment rights.  I may =
not agree with about 50%+ of Mr. Wilson's ideals, principles, and =
opinions on the issues. I might want him to "go away" or change his =
mind. But unless Mr. Wilson violates the law in some way, or threatens =
the personal safety and rights of others, he is of little concern to me, =
and should be to others.

  My point is, we all live together in Moscow. I think it wrong to =
purposely create an organization that has the purpose of dividing the =
community rather than bringing it together. To me this group is a witch =
hunt against people that think and believe differently and have a =
"VISION" different from my own.  It is what has been done time and time =
again against many minorities, particularly gays and lesbians. People =
should organize, but they should do so to push issues and unite the =
community, not attack individuals or bring them down.=20

  Not all members of Christ Church are bad unreasonable people. And =
there are far worse things people can be than members of Christ Church. =
In a phrase, I think many people are "crossing the line" as to what is =
acceptable and normal opposition to a different view. One of those is =
calling Mr. Wilson, "As immoral as Osama bin Lauden." This is going to =
far. I don't even think Mr. Bush is as bad as Osama.

  The whole movement seems to be based more on "self-importance" rather =
than the actual threat. People seem to think that Mr. Wilson is "Hitler =
in the making" and that if "I" fight to stop him now, then "I" am saving =
the world, or at least Moscow. It is this attitude that is more annoying =
then what Christ Church does. It seems as though both sides are stroking =
each others ego's by spending their time and energy on each other. Both =
sides think they are saving the world, when in fact 90% of Moscow =
doesn't give a rip.

  Finally, I think if you really wanted to help people and not boost =
your own ego you would concentrate on helping with real problems, not =
factious ones or ones that could, might, maybe exist in the future. Here =
is a list of things that needed to be done a long time ago in Moscow and =
Idaho that outweigh Mr. Wilson's threat. As a matter of fact, you might =
be able to work WITH Mr. Wilson on some these things.

  1) Funding for the Moscow Homeless Shelter
  2) Restoring the quality and quantity of water in Moscow
  3) Making Moscow more accessible for the disabled
  4) Raising the minimum wage to a livable wage
  5) Getting the boards filled in our city council
  6) Fighting to get disabled individuals in Idaho more than $550 a =
month to live on
  7) Affordable Health Care
  8) Better funding for schools
  9) Bringing good paying jobs into Moscow
  10) Getting a Crosswalk across the Moscow Pullman Highway for the =
students
  11) Reducing the cost of child care
  12) Restoring the rights of renters
  13) Creating a progressive taxation=20
  14) Allowing more people in real need access to food stamps, medical =
supplies and medicine, and financial support.
  15) Freeing Sami Omar from false imprisonment
  16) Reducing housing costs in Moscow which are way to high

  I am sure any reasonable person could list even more.

  Take Care,
  Donovan J Arnold
------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C3F94C.31F24EA0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; BACKGROUND-COLOR: =
#ffffff"=20
bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV>I am also tired of hearing about Wilson and his church. I have read =
so many=20
false statements and stretches of the truth on this site and in the =
newspapers=20
it is disgusting. You want to talk 'not in my town' for me that is one =
group not=20
rising up to make sure we do and believe the same to the point that =
spitting on=20
windows and stealing becomes acceptabel behavior. It has all made me =
wonder just=20
when jack boots are going to be issued. </DIV>
<DIV>While I don't agree with everything on this list you wouldn't agree =
with=20
everything on my list. But, we sure could work on the ones we agee about =

without&nbsp;the sacrifice of a church. </DIV>
<DIV>Lets move on.</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
  <DIV=20
black"><B>From:</B>=20
  <A title=3DDonovArn@aol.com =
href=3D"mailto:DonovArn@aol.com">DonovArn@aol.com</A>=20
  </DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>To:</B> <A title=3Ddeco@moscow.com=20
  href=3D"mailto:deco@moscow.com">deco@moscow.com</A> ; <A=20
  title=3Dvision2020@moscow.com=20
  href=3D"mailto:vision2020@moscow.com">vision2020@moscow.com</A> </DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Saturday, February 21, =
2004 11:44=20
  PM</DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> Re: [Vision2020] =
Marriage and=20
  the bible</DIV>
  <DIV><BR></DIV>
  <DIV>Wayne,</DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>OK here is my incisive analyses of Doug Wilson and the I hate =
Doug Wilson=20
  Fan Club, AKA Not on the Palouse, Not Ever.</DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>I think it is a violation of Mr. Wilson's and members of Christ =
Church=20
  rights to speak, act, and practice their First amendment rights. =
&nbsp;I may=20
  not agree with about 50%+ of Mr. Wilson's ideals, principles, and =
opinions on=20
  the issues. I might want him to "go away" or change his mind. But =
unless Mr.=20
  Wilson violates the law in some way, or threatens the personal safety =
and=20
  rights of others, he is of little concern to me, and should be to=20
others.</DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>My point is, we all live together in Moscow. I think it wrong to=20
  purposely create an organization that has the purpose of&nbsp;dividing =
the=20
  community&nbsp;rather than bringing it together.&nbsp;To me this =
group&nbsp;is=20
  a witch hunt against people that think and believe differently and =
have=20
  a&nbsp;"VISION" different from my own. &nbsp;It is what has been done =
time and=20
  time again against many minorities, particularly gays and lesbians. =
People=20
  should organize, but they should do so to push issues and unite the =
community,=20
  not attack individuals or bring them down. </DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>Not all members of Christ Church are bad unreasonable people. And =
there=20
  are far worse things people can be than members of Christ Church. In a =
phrase,=20
  I think many people are "crossing the line" as to what is acceptable =
and=20
  normal opposition to a different view. One of those is calling Mr. =
Wilson, "As=20
  immoral as Osama bin Lauden." This is going to far. I don't even think =
Mr.=20
  Bush is as bad as Osama.</DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>The whole movement seems to be based more on "self-importance" =
rather=20
  than the actual threat. People seem to think that Mr. Wilson is =
"Hitler in the=20
  making" and that if "I" fight to stop him now, then "I" am saving the =
world,=20
  or at least Moscow. It is this attitude that is more annoying then =
what Christ=20
  Church does.&nbsp;It seems as though both sides are stroking&nbsp;each =

  others&nbsp;ego's by spending&nbsp;their time and energy on each =
other. Both=20
  sides think they are saving the world, when in fact 90% of&nbsp;Moscow =
doesn't=20
  give a rip.</DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>Finally, I think if you really wanted to help people and not =
boost your=20
  own ego you would concentrate on helping with real problems, not =
factious=20
  ones&nbsp;or ones that could, might, maybe exist in the future. Here =
is a list=20
  of things that needed to be done a long time ago in Moscow and Idaho =
that=20
  outweigh&nbsp;Mr. Wilson's threat. As a matter of fact, you might be =
able to=20
  work WITH Mr. Wilson on some these things.</DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>1) Funding for the Moscow Homeless Shelter</DIV>
  <DIV>2) Restoring the quality and quantity of water in Moscow</DIV>
  <DIV>3) Making Moscow more accessible for the disabled</DIV>
  <DIV>4) Raising the minimum wage to a livable wage</DIV>
  <DIV>5) Getting the boards filled in our city council</DIV>
  <DIV>6) Fighting to get disabled individuals in Idaho more than $550 a =
month=20
  to live on</DIV>
  <DIV>7) Affordable Health Care</DIV>
  <DIV>8) Better funding for schools</DIV>
  <DIV>9) Bringing good paying jobs into Moscow</DIV>
  <DIV>10) Getting a Crosswalk across the Moscow Pullman Highway for the =

  students</DIV>
  <DIV>11) Reducing the cost of child care</DIV>
  <DIV>12) Restoring the rights of renters</DIV>
  <DIV>13) Creating a progressive taxation </DIV>
  <DIV>14) Allowing more people in real need access to food stamps, =
medical=20
  supplies and medicine, and financial support.</DIV>
  <DIV>15) Freeing Sami Omar from false imprisonment</DIV>
  <DIV>16) Reducing housing costs in Moscow which are way to high</DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>I am sure any reasonable person could list even more.</DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>Take Care,</DIV>
  <DIV>Donovan J Arnold</DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C3F94C.31F24EA0--